Rain, rain, go away! I think we have killed any "It couldn't possibly rain that much in Portland" delusions we may have had. It can, it does. It came down in sheets today as we drove to St. Johns Theater and Pub to watch the Women's World Cup Final game, where the U.S took on Japan. I took my book, thinking I would read, while the boys watched and we could all hang out together. Reality set in when we arrived 5 minutes after the doors opened and every single seat was taken and people were already standing in a row along the back. Bill hunted down four folding chairs, we set them along the back and watched the most exciting soccer game I have ever seen (Well, maybe tied. Real winning the MLS cup as underdogs was pretty exciting as well.) It was almost completely dark, so the reading thing was out, but I did not end up minding since the game was so intense. Romney and the group of 5 Japanese people in the corner were all very excited when Japan won in the shoot-out. Fantastic way to spend a Sunday morning. The most wonderful location imaginable to watch a soccer game.
After such an exciting game, we came home, ate lunch, wrote postcards and did other decidedly unexciting, mundane things for a few hours until. . .
We picked up this good looking gal from the airport. Fed her some vegan eats, and brought her to vegan donut wonder-
land, where she had this tasty guy for dessert.
Of course, I couldn't wait for a photo before digging into my sugary concoction, Lisa demurely held hers up to the camera, while me, the elder beast, chomped down furiously to inject the sugar into my bloodstream. Hey, notice something on my face? Yup, those are my glasses. They are not my prescription sunglasses I have been forced to wear in the dark. They were forgotten in another purse back in Utah. Lisa rescued my eyes and brought them to me. Now I can be like all the other hot girls who wear glasses in the town where the dream is alive.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Super Soccer and Sister Sunday
Posted by
Barbers4
at
10:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment