Today may have been a workday for Bill, but that did not stop us from sneaking plenty of family time in today. We started with a walk to lunch in Multnomah Village. We like this walk for food because in the land of no sidewalks, we have found a few streets that actually do have a place for pedestrians to safely meander on their way as well as the fact that we can stroll through the lovely paths of Gabriel Park to get there. Fat City Diner is located in Multnomah and has been recommended as one of the best diners in my super-hip Zinester's guide to Portland that I bought at Powell's. Yeah, I like to pretend I am cool like that. I knew going in that it might not be the best choice for me, but I just patiently waited the butter covered pancakes and grilled cheese out to head to my favorite spot, Down to Earth Cafe, for my mid-day smoothy fix. We had to drop Bill off back at home to finish up his workday after lunch.
Once Bill was done, we tore out of here to hit the Marine Dr. bike path ride we have been planning on doing for several days, but I keep wearing the boys out too much for them to feel very enthusiastic about getting their tired behinds on a bike. Today, we took it easier (with just the 4-5 mile walk to Multnomah), so it finally happened. I was terrible with pulling out my phone camera to take any photos, so you just have to trust us. After the 10 mile ride along the Columbia, we headed to Vancouver, Washington to buy our allergy meds. Oregon does not have very friendly laws for those of us who suffer mightily from seasonal nasal congestion. We googled places to eat in Vancouver with nothing sounding good. A Mediterranean restaurant in Gresham was (mostly) on the way home and we had the most amazing meal.
Remember, I am here mainly for the food. And I was not dis-
appointed. Nicholas' on Gresham's Main Street served up a delicious meal. With a salad full of fresh greens and tomatoes and cucumbers, their Vegan selections clearly marked and some tasty Veggie Kabobs I was in heaven. The boys thought that the UFO sized Nan was pretty great too.
Of course we thought of our wonderful Day-Shumway friends who will soon be showing us this wonderful suburban treasure of a town while we admired the fancy shoes that advertised the upcoming "ART WALK".
Stealing has never really been a temptation of mine. I subscribe to the whole "if it doesn't belong to you don't take it" philosophy, but I have to confess that had there been two of these beauties, and they were a size 5 1/2 or 6, they may have mysteriously found their way into my car and then onto my feet, especially to wear to Disco Rollerskating night-- (or any night.)
One last shout out for Gresham: A "WALL Street" Pizza -- a little home away from home.
Friday, July 8, 2011
Grub, Gears, and Gresham
Posted by
Barbers4
at
11:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment