If you don't understand the title of this post, I highly recommend you watch this clip from PORTLANDIA before preceding through the rest of this post.
Ok, now that that is out of the way--
First 90's allusion: We arrived in Portland to a blue, Simpsons-esque sky. Bright azure colored firmament bespeckeled by fluffy white clouds, the first and only time I have looked at a sky and thought it resembled a cartoon, it was so perfect.
Settled into our new "home" we decided to do some reconnaissance work. After scoping out the new 'hood, we drove downtown and found ourselves at our second allusion to the 90's. 20 year old Tara would have been in heaven in the store we found ourselves in front of -Doc Martin. I didn't buy myself any (although I was curiously drawn to the high heeled cheetah print shoe/boots I encountered there. Our heel draggin', shoe killer of a 12 year old, did end up with a purple pair of those indestructible boots. Yeah, he's just that cool that he can wear purple and pull it off.
We walked the waterfront and did some people watching during the blues festival. I believe we met at least 90% of the people featured in the PORTLANDIA clip. Comedy is funniest when there is some truth to it. Look for other comedic gems as I post about our summer adventures he in the Landia of Portland.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
The Dream of The 90's is Alive in Portland
Posted by
Barbers4
at
8:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment