***Warning*** I have a new toy. It takes the most amazing pictures. Fun pictures. Blurry pictures. Funky looking pictures. Granted, I am the last human on the planet to have this toy, but I have it now and am not afraid to use it! What that means to you, lots of fun, blurry, funky looking pictures on my blog until I tire of my new toy. We made it to Portland and we are determined to help the locals succeed in their goal of "Keep(ing) Portland Weird.) I mean, really who better to do it?
We checked into our hotel (ah, sweet, sweet hotel life, I might miss thee soon!) Hunger pains dictated skipping the afternoon bike ride (Though, weather was perfect! Take that, Boise!) and let me try out my new iphone app, that lets me look up every vegan, vegetarian and veggie friendly restaurant in town. We picked "Laughing Planet Cafe", why you ask... Vegan cookies, vegan burritos and plenty of non-vegan options for my 3 boys! Umm... Yum. You know the food is good when it gets a blog shout-out!
Connecting with my men, (especially Bill, who the week before this trip was working 15 hours a day knocking out a project as the new web-dev boss.) is the very best part of this trip. I am actually looking forward to the R.V. part of this trip for exactly that reason. Check back at the end of the trip to see if the boys still are hugging me (it may turn into strangling if this trip goes awry).
Obviously, Bill is enjoying my new toy as much as I am. I am trying to eat my vegan burrito, but someone keeps taking funny photos!
How sad is it, I forgot Portland had a China Town? I mean, of course, Portland (gateway to the east) has a Chinatown. This is Romney on his way back to the hotel after having a quesadilla, part of my vegan snickerdoodle, part of a vegan double chocolate cookie, and a voodoo doll sized donut filled with blood (ok, it was only raspberry filling, but still.)
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Keepin' Portland Weird
Posted by
Barbers4
at
11:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment