CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jet Lag












Out of order chronologically, but none the less still part of our Ireland experience-- getting off of a 24 hour journey and being put on a bus and not being taken straight to the hotel to shower, but on an 3 hour bus ride around Dublin. Our first stop was being dropped off in the middle of town and being told we had 30 minutes to find lunch. Bill and I headed to a local bookstore and found a cafe upstairs. I think I had some warm carrot and parsnip soup. I think it was very good. I am not sure I remember correctly, because I was so tired and disoriented! We then walked as a group of 40 jet-lagged MBA students and some spouses to the Trinity College campus where I think we saw the book of Kells. A VERY old copy from the Gospels made a long time ago, by some monks. I think. I really didn't catch much from that particular stop.
Afterwards we did check in, and shower and put our bags down and catch our breath and then we headed out to walk around the city. We ended up in St. Stephen's Green. The largest city park. It is a beautiful place of grass, flowers, statues and paths. It was a nice place to try to stay awake! We stayed for about 30 minutes until the Guarda (police) asked us to leave as the park was closing. Another part of our Dublin experience has been bar hopping (pretty funny for two non-drinkers) on Temple Bar street and found ourselves a leprechaun. Can you find him too? * Clue: He may be hiding in the park as well.

0 comments: