
Romney seems to have a special power...
The power to get whatever he wants.
Bill and I (and most especially William) have always suspected that due to Romney's "cuteness factor" he gets away with much more than he should. We have tried to resist his powers and do our very best to treat him like the rest of us mere mortals. However, others seem not to be immune to his power.
Two cases in point: Last week we needed to exchange a Nerf gun that he received as a birthday present that he is not allowed to keep due to the fact it is a gun (and we don't do those.) Toys R Us apparently has a new NAZI gift returning policy that states without a receipt you can not even exchange an item. The lady told Romney the news that we couldn't exchange the gun. Romney just put on the MOST pitiful face any human has ever produced and said "Awwww...." in a very pitiful voice and the lady was rendered helpless. She immediately snatched that gun up and said, "I can't turn that away. I'll do it just this once!"
Next, this morning at breakfast at our hotel in Kanab (Where we spent a wonderful Thanksgiving with Bill's Grandma and his sister, Anne and her son, Quentin), Romney was disappointed not to see any yogurt at the breakfast buffet. I told him I would ask the server if they had any more they could put out. She said they were out until the truck came with a delivery in two more days. Romney looked at her, put on that powerful smile and said "Awww... I really was hoping for a yogurt!" She didn't even hesitate before succumbing to his "cuteness", she said "Oh... I will ask the manager to run to the store and get you one." 15 minutes later she returned with a platter of 4 different flavor choices for the child who no one can turn down. (I was lucky and snagged one of the flavors he didn't want-- stinker took my favorite!) That left only two for the hordes of other disappointed guests whose cuteness factor palled in comparison and who would suffer a yogurt-less fate.
One day (in the not so distant pubescent future that awaits him) his cuteness may wane and he will equalize with the rest of us who have also lost our "cuteness" powers to suffer the word "NO!" and all it's miseries.
Until that day... we pray and hope that he will choose to use his powers for good, instead of evil.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Could You Say "No" To This Guy?
Posted by
Barbers4
at
6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So funny!! What power that kid has. May he use it only for good (well, good yogurt anyway!)
Obnoxious! I want to get what I want all the time.
In response to a post from you... I can't add a segment to our blog called "What Pissed of Steve Edwards This Week" because NOTHING pisses of my Steve Edwards. I could add a segment called "What Pissed Off Steve Edwards' Wife This Week." That would be easy, and long. Item number one: A hostage (read: child) accidently bumped into me today. It was making a high pitched wail. Little b-stard.
Vegas sucks by-the-way. Andrea's gotta get outta there!
Post a Comment