CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Free Rice

Tis the season of gratitude.

How do you show yours?

Last year I stumbled across a website that would donate a dinner to a family for every Thanksgiving story shared. It seemed like an amazingly easy way to help feed a hungry family. It didn't cost anything other than time.

This year a friend sent out a link to www.freerice.com , a website that will donate free rice to help feed hungry all over the world. What interested me in this particular website is the "catch". The donation happens in 20 grains of rice increments for every correct answer you give in subjects ranging from Art to Math and English to Foreign Languages and Chemistry to Geography. You can help yourself get smarter at the same time you are helping others fill their bellies.

So for all you Ayn Rand fans out there--- don't worry, your altruism by participating will not diminish your own well-being. You will gratefully benefit yourselves as well.

2 comments:

princess jen said...

So I just got totally sucked in... I donated 7000 grains of rice. I'm really good at vocab and did pretty well on French vocab and decently at grammar. However, I absolutely stink at just about everything else!

Lisa Romney said...

Wow, go Jen! I got bored at 800 grains. I'm tired and didn't even think about it. I just opened up a smaller internet window to dictionary.com and typed every word there and then answered the question. I'm all about efficiency... plus I'm tired and need some water after a good workout!