
Romney's 20 closest friends (plus a few of their siblings) joined my active 6 year old boy today to celebrate his birthday. When I was perusing the internet (during William's birthday party-- such a geek) for places we could host his entire kindergarten class + a few other important friends I found a company called "Bouncin' Off the Walls". This wasn't an entirely new discovery, I knew the place existed, I admit. But it seemed to take on a fresh meaning when I applied it to Romney.
The place was a total hit. They rent out the entire joint to just the party kids and let everyone jump their little bodies crazy on those inflatable giant slides and castles and mazes as well as providing unlimited air hockey to provide a breather from all the jumping.
There is nothing more fun than watching a room full of jumping and laughing 5 and 6 year olds. Except perhaps jumping and laughing yourself. Did I mention the adults are allowed to jump with the kids!
After all the raucous activities we retired to the party room where 20 starving children gorged themselves on chocolate cupcakes. The only time it felt chaotic with that many kids was present opening time. Romney enjoys a spotlight aimed his direction, and savored sitting in his big red party chair with all the kids clamoring to have him open their present next.
I tried an experiment this year with his birthday. . . I put a request on the invitation to not buy anything new, but rather to choose a book or toy that the guest was done using to give Romney as a gift. It was perfect and if we do another party that size again (give me 12 more months, I may be up for it), I would most definitely make that request again. Romney walked away with quite a haul and happy as a clam with his 2nd -hand gifts
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Bouncin' Off The Walls
Posted by
Barbers4
at
11:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That was an awesome party! Thanks so much again for inviting us and letting me bring extra kids... your cupcakes were super delish (so glad that Q decided not to eat his so I got to sample it!) Most people obeyed "the rules" and brought second hand gifts and he got some great stuff. Yay for Romney's birthday!!
KILLER IDEA on the SECOND-HAND REQUEST. I think I'll do the same for all future Romney/Edwards birthdays and christmas. I wonder if it works for adults?
Silly Jen, the adults were allowed to have their own cupcakes! Glad you came! It wouldn't have been the same with out you (oh yeah and Anya and Aaron:)!
Lisa, does this new 2nd hand status count for this year's Christmas gift, since I have you? :)
Post a Comment