
Free Cake to whomever can answer that question correctly!
Yes, indeed it is the one blog posting a year where I (Bill) get to write a few words.
On Saturday we celebrated Tara's 36th birthday. As we brainstormed over how to spend the day, I thought about all the favorite things Tara would do in her college days before 3 boys started taking so much of her time. Disco Dancing! Tara would often drag me to the D.I. to find old (and often smelly) disco era clothing to I could accompany her to the local night clubs for a round of disco dancing (after the first time I did happen to notice that we were the only ones in disco attire). Since the boys may not be into dancing (read the first day of school post), I figured the next best thing would be disco roller skating. I wanted a place that would be less crowded so we could hopefully have the DJ (term used loosely) quiet the Britney and put on some classic Bee Gee's or Queen. With a bit of creativity, we decided on the Xanadu Skate Center in West Valley (Tara would not even attempt an Olivia Newton-John impersonation [lame]).
Because the rink was uncrowded, we were able to get every 3rd or so song to be a disco tune. We even got a shout out to Tara congratulating her on her 36th birthday with a Michael Jackson tribute song (Thriller) dedicated to her special day. What a blast!
After skating Tara took the afternoon to lay low and rest up for our walk across town to Oasis Cafe courtesy of Lisa's babysitting offer. After a quite and very tasty dinner, we retired to watch a movie at home. All in all a pretty great tribute to our wonder and sweet mother/wife. Happy Birthday Tara!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
What Happens After 36?
Posted by
Barbers4
at
8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What an awesome birthday! Tara is lucky to have such a sweet and wonderful husband who is so thoughtful. Glad the day was special!
"I guess you fall off the table"...
Now I want my free cake!
Jen, you were so fast on reading this, you even beat me!
Hey, that's what i was going to guess! Do i still get the cake?
Post a Comment