CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails



Whoever wrote the "What Are Little Boys Made Of" rhyme did not foresee the 21st century child. My boys are made up of video games, cheese, and various Japanese created toys.

This week one of my little boys turned 10. Double digits. I was OK until William pointed out he has used all his fingers and was onto his toes. Then it hit me-- that means my son is half-way to twenty. If the next ten years go as quickly as these first 10 have gone, I am going to blink and it will be gone.

William had a great birthday. The day of he had a wonderful Bill-prepared breakfast, went to school (one of his favorite places to be), came home and played video games and ate pizza. William had very specific plan for his birthday party. He knew he wanted to see a movie and play video games. He wanted to do this at the GATEWAY, but he also wanted to invite more kids than our two cars combined could hold.



Bill and I had the genius idea to borrow a projector and a PS3 from friends and hang a sheet on Romney's wall and let the kids watch a movie and play games on the "Big Screen", eat pizzas and popcorn and generally enjoy being 9 and 10 year old boys. William was so excited about this party, he almost couldn't contain himself.

He also had very specific ideas of what kind of party favor he wanted to give out-- the (parent dreaded) Bakugon. I say "parent dreaded" because all parents dread driving all over town from toy store to toy store trying to hunt down these must have toys. It is almost impossible to find one, much less NINE! We were unbelievably successful (see two posts down for details) and they were a giant hit.

On a hilariously neurotic note: I am the only weirdo I know who plans and books her youngest son's birthday party during her oldest son's birthday party.

1 comments:

princess jen said...

That sounds like a great party for William! What an awesome mom you are to make sure it all came together for him. I can't wait to see what you have in mind for Romney! I am still trying to figure out the logistics of Aaron's party!