CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

One of Those Days


Some days I have to say I really love my job. Today was one of those days. We were busy from noon until night (literally) in the best possible ways. We tried out a new indoor kid place called "Kangaroo Zoo". It is an air-conditioned (or heated, pick your season) room full of giant bounce structures. They have some set aside for little kids or some seriously scary ones for the bigger, more adventurous kids. Not only were all 8 of the kids we came with entertained for 2 1/2 hours, not only did they get great exercise and are currently sleeping soundly, not only did they get quality play time with their buddies-- but (wait for it) they provide the parents with a comfortable and quiet lounge area complete with wireless access and a computer to use as well. GENIUS! This place is practically perfect. Did I mention that they also offer a date night special? You can drop off the kids and have them babysat while parents enjoy alone time (what is that?) I think I am in love! Did I mention it was air-conditioned? Ahhhh...

After the fun that is Kangaroo Zoo, we headed over to visit some friends who have been out of town for 3 weeks. We normally see them every day, so we were going through withdrawal. We broke for dinner and then picked them up again to go to a fun science presentation at the library tonight about the science of bugs. We ran into the same friends we had seen earlier at Kangaroo Zoo as well as others from the ol' neighborhood. We rolled home around 8:30 and put the boys to bed.

There are days I really love my job, and wouldn't trade it for a desk job! Today was one of those days.

5 comments:

princess jen said...

I've seen ads for Kangaroo Zoo and it looked really fun. How much was it??

Was it the Mad Science presentation at the library? We went to it a few weeks ago and I thought they did a great job!

Barbers4 said...

It is $8 (or if you sign up for their kidzclub $6 that includes the slurpee). Yup, it was the Mad Science presentation. They did a great job, my kids loved it.

Alan J said...

I'm going to have to look some stuff over, but i'm pretty sure you're well over your fun quota for the summer. i'm going to have to ask you to cut it out so we can catch up. i like the idea of the babysitters.

Barbers4 said...

Ha, this coming from the family who just spent over a week (?) on vacation doing nothing but FUN things.

Alan J said...

Two weeks. But that's nothing compared to every day of the whole summer!