Another summer day, another adventure. William had a piano lesson bright and early at 9:30 this morning. Since we were already pointed south for the lesson, we went to Gardner Village and discovered a yummy candy store and a toy store going out of business. After Gardner Village we went to Barnes and Noble and discovered a $65 special edition Harry Potter #7 book %75 off. The children discovered the joy of shopping clearance and store closing sales. 
Next we all discovered that the DISCOVERY GATEWAY children's museum is more tolerable when not crowded. In fact, we discovered if you take some friends along, it is almost enjoyable. (Almost!)
I also re-discovered how different my children are. I had William on one hand, asking me to keep my eyes on him (literally-- he would not step foot on the wall until I had my eyes on him) so he could climb up a rock wall that had a sign posted "Adult Supervision Required". I had Romney on the other hand turning employees into the enemy when they unknowingly joined his imagining game. He was playing he was a robber stealing all the food from the farm. The worker made the mistake of playing along by "stealing" it back (ie: cleaning it up for him) The poor employee was rewarded by Romney jumping on her trying to bring her down to the floor. He thought she wanted to play along. One with his feet firmly in the "literal", one with his feet firmly in the imagined. My own personal version of the Yin and the Yang.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Discovery
Posted by
Barbers4
at
10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
poor employee! I still haven't gotten down to discovery gateway, is it better than the old children's museum? do the kids actually like it?
It is cleaner. The bummer is they made a children's museum that isn't very kid friendly. Stuff too high to use, too complicated to devote time to learn, etc. I hate the location too, but for free it isn't too bad :)
Post a Comment