
It is my favorite time of year again; my boys' birthdays and HALLOWEEN! (Only the greatest holiday ever!)I have a friend who posted pictures of her daughter in a gorgeous Cinderella dress (you know who you are) and I can't imagine what that is like, since my boys like things slimy, scary, or spooky-- no princesses or fairies for them. This year, they figured they would just wear the scary costumes from last year again, because they loved them so much. But then magic happened: I found the world's most perfect boy costume. It is funny, it is disgusting, it is original (to a degree, since I did find it on the internet!) Gross-eeries! It was easy enough to make, that even un-crafty me could handle it. It was a paper leaf bag with cardboard inside to hold it's shape with empty food cartons labeled "nasty nibble", "surreal cereal", "putrid punch" and "rotten eggs". It also had maggot covered sausages! I made the "sour milk" hat out of folded posterboard and the trick or treat bag from a paper grocery sack. William was so excited about this costume. He got a flyer at school about a "Monster Block Party" at the Galivan Center, and his first words to me after school were "Can we go, Mom so I can be in the costume contest?" His next were "Have you finished my costume yet?" So today, we Barbers4 joined around 300 other kids at a Monster Block Party where William WON! He won funniest costume! Go William! (Go William's Momma for making the darn thing!)
Now from funniest to freakiest. I have had this shot in mind for a solid month now, but needed some help to execute it and so I have been waiting for Bill to be around and have time to go with me to shoot it. I took it with my Holga in B&W and shot multiple shots without advancing my film, so in the Holga shot Romney should look like a ghost. But since it may be 6 months before I get that film developed, I also took my digital SLR with me so I would be able to see what I might (might being the operative word) get on the HOLGA (it also makes it easier to post to the blog :). Romney is a skeleton version of the grim reaper and he looks menacing while walking through a graveyard. (buckled in the back seat of our car, not so much)
Like I said, no princesses here.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Gross-eeries and someone you hope not to meet...
Posted by
Barbers4
at
7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations to William! But more so to you since you did all the hard work! You go crafty woman!! Now that I've exceeded my allotted number of exclamation points for one comment... I got to do more cinderella hair today and I took pictures of the process of backcombing.... So beware of the monster hair, hopefully coming soon to a blog near you! (oops, had to sneak one more in)
That's sweet; you guys win everything. It's no wonder i don't win anything since i know you guys and you win it all: scary costumes, prizes at the fair,... Well, that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's more. Also, every time i go to your blog now i see Romney's pole comment and it cracks me up. I can't even think about it without busting up. Oh, and your pics were awesome, i hope to get the film scanned soon - maybe sunday, Jen won't let me work on the house on Sundays.
THat's the coolest costume ever Tara! I love it and congrats on winning the contest. And props to you for putting it together... it looks even too crafty for me. Love it! And missing having a princess or fairy costume somewhere...
Post a Comment