
The kids have no school today due to UEA weekend. Bill decided to take the day off from work, though he didn't get a free day from school and has class tonight :(. We have had some free passes to Cornbelly's Corn Maze + Pumpkin patch (it's at Thanksgiving Point) since the beginning of the month, but every weekend has been cold and wet, so this was our first chance to use them. We were expecting just the run of the mill maze and pumpkins but were treated to oh, so much more. 
They had two fun pedal car tracks. One track for the bigger kids and one for smaller. They had a huge "slide mountain", with all sorts of different ways to get down. They had a giant blow-up Helamonster maze. It was pitch black inside and you had to feel your way through it. It was complete with giant blow-up Helamonster internal organs --ewwwww. They had a kid corn maze and two adult mazes, a hayride and our favorite----
a giant bouncing pillow (it was like a bounce house without being enclosed). All of us bounced around forever. We had a great time! The weather was even fantastic.
I had a photographer's assistant (Bill-he's the right price) today and so I was able to experiment with my fun jerry-rigged digital Holga lens I just picked up. The point of this lens is to highlight the middle of the frame, blurring the edges to create a vignette feel. It is crazy to try and get any focus out of, since it really is a lens from a Holga sawed off and rigged to the front of a body cap the size of my digital camera. (see example below)
I also experimented with using some pantyhose as a makeshift soft focus filter. (I had those left over from William's costume. It is something I have wanted to try for a while, but never have the hose since I refuse to wear them!) You can tell the boys are sick of me, by this point, using them as guinea pigs for photos. Hence William's cheery expression. (see example below)
Monday, October 29, 2007
Pumpkins, Pedal Cars and experimental Photographs
Posted by
Barbers4
at
5:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Or you could just buy a soft filter... but hose is much cheaper
What a fun way to spend the day. Alan worked in the garage and the closet and I moved things out of the downstairs so I could get painting. The kids managed to entertain themselves outside most of the day though and the babies "helped" us.
Alan where's the fun of just buying the soft filter?
Jen, sounds like fun (or it sounds nice to have done!)
Post a Comment