
A friend of mine told me about an AMERICA AT HOME photo contest where you enter photos of your daily life. It looked like a great excuse to pull out my camera before my class and start shooting. Romney was MORE than happy to comply to my request that he jump on my bed. We both had a great afternoon together, me following him around with my camera, him posing and playing. The photo I entered is the one I posted. I think it is so much fun I may try again tomorrow. I have some shooting ideas. Mostly, I just needed to feel inspired enough to stop the daily routine enough to pull out the old camera.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Jump for Joy
Posted by
Barbers4
at
2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's a great pictue of Romney. How is your class going??
last night was the first night of the class. it is super fun. there is no way to get really technical with this camera so it all about how to modify the camera to do different types of film and experimenting. loving it! plus, i don't have to run cubscouts for 3 wednesdays! bonus. how is anya liking school? how are you liking Anya at school :)!
I'm either too lazy or unmotivated to take the time and go through my picstures and pick out favorites. i can never decide which one i like more than another, and if i do, it takes for freakin' ever. Nice pic though. What kind of stuff are you learning in your class, is it very applicable outside the realm of your special camera?
hmm... good ? Yes, in the sense that I am learning a lot about film choices and then the creative ways you can process them. It has made me appreciate film more. The technology is all in the film and not the camera. There is no composition, since you have little control over that with a view finder that could be showing you 10 feet in any direction from what the lens is seeing. There are no aperatures or zoom or shutter speed to set. No focus. All happy accidents. Which begs the question, what makes a good photo. It is very artsy and I love it. I will tell you if I still love it after I have spent a small fortune on developing and end up with 1-2 decent photos.
I love the new look! It reminds me of that cool vase you gave me for Christmas...
Post a Comment