
That is the title of William's state fair award winning photo. We had a happy surprise today when I went to go pick up William's state fair entries. When we went to the fair to see if he had won last week, there were no ribbons next to his photos, so we assumed he had not won anything. As his mom, I was feeling a little disappointed for him, but his atttitude about entering and not winning was so wonderful. He was excited people were seeing his photos and that he had tried. I was so proud of him handeling his disappointed feelings by turning them into positives.
But when I walked in to pick up the photos now that the fair is done, I was surprised to see a 3rd place ribbon by one. I spoke to the lady who was helping me gather them up and she double checked and sure enough William had taken 3rd place and won $8. William is still in school and does not know yet. He is going to go nuts with excitement. I framed the photo for him and have it waiting with his check as his big surprise. The second photo is the other William entry. It is actually my favorite of the two because I think it is so creative. It is self-portrait. No, really. He took a picuture of the shirt he was wearing that day to get the skull. I think it is genius and that the result was amazing. But then again, I'm a bit biased.
Monday, September 17, 2007
The Capital
Posted by
Barbers4
at
3:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so excited for him that he won! Did they say why it didn't have a ribbon next to it while it was posted?
she thought perhaps it had either fallen down or been put in the wrong place. I guess they write down the claim check number from the photo on the ribbon and they matched up and they had a printed check ready for him. It was kind of cool that he got to both loose and win.
Sweet. No, wait... he's won more photo contests than me. Your family kicks my butt. But you already knew that.
Please let William know Aunt Annie said Congratulations!
I'm still waiting for him to call me about Harry Potter. That kid is hard to get a hold of. ;)
Post a Comment