CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Toy Cameras and the art of the deal



I have been having too much fun in my toy camera photography class. It is so hilarious to see what a little cheap piece of plastic junk can capture on film, and then the creative ways to process the images. I have learned a lot of new tricks I am having fun experimenting with, even though I have yet to see an actual print of a HOLGA photo I have taken during this class due to SLOW processing times. I have seen my negatives! And am waiting patiently on prints. The ironic part of this story is the camera is cheap, the processing of the film is NOT! So, I have been paying to have the film to be developed and then using a light table to pick which prints are worth paying for.


Another great thing I have learned in this class is about the COOLEST store in Salt Lake-- (remember IKEA is technically in Draper!) It is called NPS and they sell everything. And by everything I mean EVERYTHING you can think of. Food, Film, Halloween Tattoos, Versace Jeans, Steel Pipe, Boogie Boards, are all but a small sampling of the goods we saw. Today I found a LOMO Super sampler camera (shown above) which I googled and found available cheapest for $47.90, and I bought it today at $17.00!!! Those of you who know me will know that is the part I am most excited about. Plus, it takes the funkiest photos-- see examples above and below.

5 comments:

princess jen said...

So now Alan has to get 2 more cameras to keep up with you! (smile, wink, nudge, nudge). It seems like you're having a really fun time with it all though!

Barbers4 said...

Luckily, these are really cheap cameras, if you don't develop any film :)

I wrote this blog just for you guys. I knew you would love this store, if you don't already know of it. I didn't, but Bill did. He has been keeping SECRETS of a true shopping gem from me!

Alan J said...

I can't see the pics, they're too small. Can you repost them a little bit larger, please?

Barbers4 said...

oh Alan,you act like I have any idea what I am doing on a computer. I pulled a couple other examples off another site and posted them. Is that close enough, because it is about all I could figure out! :)

Alan J said...

thank you!