CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Who knew Quidditch could actually be played?





Harry Potter Mania has finally hit our home. We have avoided it for many years, but this summer Aunt Annie Alligator (A. a. a.) inspired William and he has not put a Harry Potter book down since. (BTW Anne, he is half way through book 5). Once it hit, it has not let go. But I am not complaining, because it has pushed Pokemon back to a distant 2nd in importance in my boys' lives. When Book 7 was released our FABULOUS city library had a Muggle Mania party (until 3 weeks ago, I had never heard of a muggle, William had to clue me in!) They had the REAL soccer team and several librarians teaching and playing a "real" game of Quidditch. Romney played the Goalie (he blocked many a goal!) and William was the seeker hunting for the golden snitch (yeah, I have no idea either!). Their team won and had a congradulatory photo taken shortly after of the whole team. Romney really loved the mini-broom. I want to buy one to see if he will help me sweep the kitchen daily.

1 comments:

Digital Girl said...

I'm so glad I could open you all to the word of magic. Did William let you know you are a muggle? I suspect that I might have magical powers, but I'm still waiting to get invited to Hogwarts.