
I know the photo is really, truly awful! But how many times will my kids get a chance to pose with a Mormon Superhero? One, I say-- so up it goes. Yesterday was Day #5 of our in-town vacation, and we did several new things. We saw a movie in the Dollar Theater. My kids have never done that with us before. We saw Meet the Robinsons. It was fine. Cute message. Boys dug it! Then we drove south to the Living Planet Aquarium preview exhibit. First of all, they aren't kidding, it is really barely a preview exhibit. It is tiny. And it was the only thing I haven't been able to find discount tickets for this whole week! It cost as much as the zoo, but took 30 minutes to see and do everything! Brief highlights from the aquarium were: the Octopus, the Stingray "petting zoo" and the giftshop. 
After the aquarium, where Bill meet us, we went to Ikea for dinner and some grown-up time, while the kids were in the playland. It is sad that our dates are all at Ikea right now! They'll watch our kids for us because they want us to buy stuff.
Then we raced back north to see a play at the Off Broadway Theatre called CTR SUPERSTAR. It was quite funny! A nice parody of Utah Culture. Not disrespectful, just hilarious. We all loved it! Superheros CTR superstar, and Marvelous Work and a Wonderwoman battle evil doers Paul Igamy, Jack Mormon, and Ethyl Alcohol. Joe Mormon and Holly Homemaker from the Deseret Morning news transform into the aforementioned super heros. My favorite part of the play came before the opening curtain. They call everyone celebrating a birthday up to sing to them. One person walked up, and I whispered to Bill, "hey babe, it's Pat from SNL." It was PAT --clothes, hair, voice and all! They asked his/her name and he/she answered "PAT". I almost fell off my seat laughing! Of course it was a silent, bite your lip kind of a laugh but I couldn't believe my ears. 
Well, I leave you with one last AWFUL photo
docu-
mentation of our day.
I think we are winding down!
Tuesday will be our very last official "vacation" day.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
CTR Superstar and Marvelous Work and a Wonderwoman
Posted by
Barbers4
at
7:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds like a good play, i'll have to drag Jen down there. It's the one downtown, right? You know where else i want to go, the dueling piano place.
Oh no, my secret identity is revealed at last. I'm just not sure if I'm wonderwoman or Pat.
Post a Comment