CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 21, 2009

Welcome to the House of Fun

Sugar! The sweet rush of sugar has been running through my 3 boys veins for the past 2 days. Saturday we had a wonderful time enjoying a sugar cookie decorating tradition with our friends. This year, being sugar free and since I am a classic kitchenaphobe, it was difficult to get motivated to do the baking of the cookies, but with the help from a mix purchased at the ol' Costco, they got done. The only problem hosting this event is the hosts always get stuck with (Or are lucky enough to get to keep, depending on your perspective.) the bulk of the extra cookies. After letting everyone pick out their favorite 2 or 3, I finally just had to throw the extras into the trash (So they would stop staring at me, calling my name! Darn those stinking gingerbread men!)

The next day, our lovely neighbors brought us a gingerbread house they had baked and assembled for us. Not only did they bring the house, they brought the candies, the stuff to make the frosting/glue and helped my children decorate their own personalized home. I am worried we may have permanently scared them off, after watching William and Romney impale gummy Santas and gummy bears repeatedly, while laughing maniacally, for about an hour. Then the sugar rush kicked in and running around the house in circles, laughing maniacally began. Let's just say, they slept well that night after burning that much energy being spastic.

We love our traditions...

Holiday Cookies, Gingerbread houses (granted a new tradition) and Sugar-hyped kids.

1 comments:

princess jen said...

I LOVE that house!! Way to go boys! And thanks for hosting this year!! BTW, since we didn't take home enough cookies (or rather Anya had overdecorated the ones we took) Alan requested more. So I made more and we decorated more with Dacia's family and Carl's family. I will miss you!!