Your resident Scrooge here, checking in with a report from the trenches. December has arrived, and so did our annual ward Christmas party. This is a party that we, as a family, try to plan something to do during, so that we can be guiltlessly excused from attending. Not so this year, since as part of the primary, I had to go and help out with wrangling the cats (uh, I mean kids) on stage during the reenacting of the Christmas Story. (And I don't mean the funny one that involves a Red Rider B.B. gun.) As a person who would regularly say "Bah, Humbug" during this 25 days of torture out-loud if I didn't get reprimanded by strangers when I did, you can imagine that my children have been told the truth about the fat man that steals the glory from parents who braved crowded shopping centers all over the Christian world from day one. William finds the myth disturbing (being quite the literal human being he is, he doesn't understand the draw). But in order to claim his goody bag full of treats and toys, he had to sit on the fat man's lap and pretend to care. See the smirk-- I think it says it all.
Romney on the other hand knows the truth, but still likes to play along and "believe". You can't tell from this photo, but he happily will climb up and tell the "actor" in the red suit what he wants. I think he might hope that the "actor" will find him so adorable, he will rush out and get him his wishes. I am not sure. It is Romney after all, and what is going through that hilarious mind of his is often a mystery. Whatever he is thinking, he will happily play along for a chance of candy and toys.
Bill and I couldn't help but enjoy (while shaking our heads at the whole farce) watching the two act out this Christmas ritual like two true "believers". (or not!)
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Sitting on the Fat Man's Lap (Spoiler Alert)
Posted by
Barbers4
at
12:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I never thought I'd see the day...
Is Romney wearing MOON BOOTS?
Hey Napoleon, give me some of your tots!
Post a Comment