CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 30, 2009

One Pirate and Three Lame Nerds

The day before All Hallows Eve. My most- beloved time of year: candy and costumes, two favorite treats. It is the first year where I won't see William at school in his costume, or his friends' costumes. Romney had a big load to carry: entertaining his mother sufficiently for Halloween. He had been very clear about his costume. It was to be a mix of pirate/skeleton and bleeding guy--however, this morning he decided to take it down a notch and only go with the pirate look (which may morph into a scuba diver come trick-or-treating time--don't ask).




He was not sure if he should dress up and announced NONE of the other Nerds were dressing up for school. I said I thought their mothers may have different ideas, but much to Romney's shagrin, they were all there sans costumes (the only 4 in the whole class who did not dress up-losers). He was a bit self-conscious, but still confident in his decision to costume for the day (even though his mother was driving him nuts taking pictures from her cell-phone). So whose the nerd now, those who are afraid to be silly or the guy who has enough self-confidence to pull off a pirate-look?

1 comments:

princess jen said...

I can't believe Romney's friends are such "losers" and didn't dress up! That's so incredibly lame! They could have coordinated their costumes and it would have been so awesome!