CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Year End Bonus



When employers want to show their employees appreciation for a hard year of work, they dole out bonuses. This is done in an effort to help the employee feel valued and to help prevent the employee from seeking employment elsewhere. Today I received a wonderful bonus from my employers. Unbeknownst to me, Bill had taken on a side job to make sure I got a substantial year end (if your calendar runs from Mother's Day to Mother's day) bonus. Bill handed me an wonderful letter holding a wad of cash and said "No givebacks" (oh, he knows me well!) I was stunned and touched and moved to tears.

But those little ones with limited cash funds also made my day wonderful. William made me a fun piece of art and Romney made me a pot to plant some flower seeds in. The biggest gift was that they both willing went up to the front of sacrament with the rest of the primary and actually sang to me. This is no small thing when you have one very shy, reserved child, and one child who likes to be in front of a crowd and act silly! I also have had every meal made for me, a new set of dishes that match my current set, so that if I break one, I will still have enough for a big set. Not to mention the beautiful roses, Bill picked out for me.



Truth be told, I have had a week of wonderful gifts. Last weekend our family went to the Garden store and picked out a bunch of plants and flowers to plant in a space that has been bare since we bought the home, but has been put on the back burner while we worked on more pressing yard issues. (You know, like removing old headstones and such!) Bill and the boys worked hard putting in a stone pathway that leads from where we get out of the car in the driveway, to our grass. They added moss and planted all of the plants I picked out, and now I am happy to see them all greet me when I enter our driveway.

All in all, it has been my favorite Mother's day of all time. Here's wishing all of you other hard working Mommas a similarly fantastic day!

P.S. The irony of this post next to the post about going on strike has not escaped my attention. Guess the strike worked!

2 comments:

princess jen said...

What a wonderful day for you. What are you going to use your wad of cash for?? Your plants are gorgeous!!!

Alan J said...

There Bill goes again, making the rest of us look bad. i tell ya. I sure hope it's the rest of "us" and not just me. Can you ban Jen from this blog please.