
Hard to believe there are only 3 more weeks of school for my children. This is the time of year when I start contemplating what I will do to both educate and entertain my boys in the summer months. I am such a geek that I even go to the district web-site, download the curriculum for the upcoming grade. Then I sit down with my "summer folder" and brainstorm games I can make, activities we can do and places we can go that will support the next year's learning. (See I told you-- GEEK!)
The challenge is always making it seem like so much fun they don't even realize that they are learning something. Sometimes I succeed at this, sometimes fail miserably. But I think, by George, I out did myself this time. William is so excited to create his very own blog! Little does he know it will teach journaling skills, writing skills, spelling skills, computer skills and typing skills all in one fail swoop! He started it tonight. Picked a title: When Flying Pigs Attack (Now you know it is all him!). Wrote a few sentences in the "About Me" section and picked a background. I set it up to invited readers only (a few of his buddies and his cousin) to keep all the "bad guys" away. And I have had more hugs and thanks and kisses tonight than as long as I can remember. He is so excited to take pictures with his camera and write stories and about his adventures.
Romney has decided he needs a BLOG too. Is he too young to type?
Monday, May 12, 2008
When Flying Pigs Attack
Posted by
Barbers4
at
8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice plan. I would say that if Romney wants to do a blog then just have him dictate to you what he wants to write, you write it down, and then give it back to him to type on the computer. That teaches the typing skills at least. Granted, it make take forever. But that's a really cool idea for them to have blogs, they can showcase all their art, and other various talents.
But that takes time and effort, Alan. Geez, don't you know anything about parenting! :)
I think it's an awesome idea for William. If Romney is super interested and you think he can do it too, then why not?
Post a Comment