CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

California Dreamin'



Days 1 and 2. Day 1 was spent in a car. It went relatively quickly and painlessly in our new ride. We rolled into Newport Beach around 6 pm and quickly checked into our beach front! hotel and then walked across the street to have a little beach time after a long car ride. The kids had a blast running around, flying kites and digging in the sand. Bill and I had a blast watching the sunset over the pacific.

Day 2 was spent enjoying a Kids' Choice Day. They picked the activities. They picked how long each lasted and what to do next. We started the morning with a seashell hunt on the beach (my most favorite activity of the day). Then we visited the Queen Mary (The kids were most impressed by the telephone booths that are replicas of the old british ones.) The last stop is the one I DO NOT recommend for all you parents out there! LEGOLAND. How spoiled are my children if when offered a chance to go to DISNEYLAND they say "Nah, no thanks." Seriously what kid does that? We went to Legoland about a year ago at Christmas and the word nightmare does not even begin to cover our experience. I swore I would never go back. I even took time out of my life to send off a disappointed email ( my first I have ever had to write) to the company about what our experience was like, in the hopes that other parents might be spared. When we asked our kids last month what was important to them to do while we were in California, they answered "Go to the beach and Legoland." We were really stuck going when we found out it was included in our goLA pass we had already purchased. I won't recap too much what this trip was like, other than to say in 5 hours they rode 2 rides!!! And it wasn't even too terribly crowded! Love the toy, hate the park! The day, however, ended on a great note at dinner with Q and Anne.

I will have pictures posted of the day when we get home. I only took Williams' little camera so I wouldn't have to lug my big one all around Legoland! I already knew what to expect.

Have I mentioned how great the weather is 70 degrees! And everything is in full spring bloom right now. Even the freeways look amazing with all the wild-flower color. Boy I love spring. It will migrate to Salt Lake soon I hope.

Day 3 is Adults' Choice Day! Woo Hoo!

1 comments:

princess jen said...

So glad to know that we should skip legoland!! Hopefully Adult Choice day will be fun. How's coke rehab going? BTW, count your blessings for LA heat and flowers. It's SNOWING this morning!!