It's been a slow month here in the Barber blog-o-sphere. Not because none of us are up to anything, but because all of us are up to too much. Here is a quick run down of how our days look. Me=school or homework. I am gone from 8 am until 1:30 pm (except Tuesdays when I am home at 5:00). I then have an hour to grab some food and go run car pool pickup. Then the fun begins. Bill=work, triathlon training and sometime primary caregivering and soccer coach. William=soccer 4 times a week + piano lessons + play dates, (Oops, I mean "hang out with friends time.") and homework. Romney=play dates, soccer 2 times a week and clean up room time (Which is more time consuming for that monkey than one would think!) Exciting as the day to day is, once in a while a special occasion pops up on us and we make some time to take a break. Hence, the Easter blog post. After working on my paper so late last night that I forgot to fill and hide the Easter baskets for the boys, I awoke to much Mama guilt when Romney asked if they had baskets? Ugh. I told him I was waiting to hide them (I just left out the part that I still needed to put them together). With gorgeous weather, we headed outside to enjoy the annual egg hunt with friends. Our boys are getting older and William thought it would be more fun to hid eggs then hunt for them, and so did his friends. What they neglected to tell anyone is that they hid a stash for themselves so hard that none of the younger kids found it and they scarfed all the candy quick.
Romney was still excited to hunt down those plastic containers filled with treasures. His favorites contained party poppers. His least favorite were the empty one the older kids would eat the candy from and re-hide once empty. He made a little friend who followed him around for the hunt. He thought Romney was the bomb. (He pretty much is, by the way.)
Eggs were found, candy was eaten, friends were made and enjoyed. Over all it was a pretty lovely early afternoon in the sun. Always grateful for this fun tradition and the chance for the boys to make all sorts of wonderful easter memories with their friends.
But since one egg hunt seemed really insufficient, we thought we would host our own small one. Egg hunts in the daylight don't seem like a challenge to our growing boys, so this year we switched it up a bit. Egg hunting after dark. We invited our neighbors and good friends who have boys the same age (plus another baby boy who is just under a year.)
We sent them out to find eggs filled with little glow sticks and an assortment of coinage escaped from pockets from years of laundry loads. The money was a big hit, even though I don't think anyone broke more than $2.00 from the coins.
We did hide one egg with a dollar bill inside. This is Avery. He was our lucky "winner winner chicken dinner" when he found the bonus egg. It was a wonderful way to end the holiday. Look for another blog post some time around the 4th of July, the next major U.S. holiday. :)
Sunday, April 8, 2012
Easter Goodies
Posted by
Barbers4
at
9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Goodness, I can't believe how big Avery is. You mean it's not just our kids who are getting older? Does that mean we are, too?
NO! It does not. :)
Post a Comment