We said "Adios" to Orange County today and said "Hola" to San Diego. Anne's fiance, Snuffle-
upagus Sean (I jokingly call him that because they had been together on and off for 11 years before we met him to prove his existence.) lives there and it would be our only chance to get to hang out together. Avoiding the San Diego area has been a priority ever since our family twice made the mistake of visiting Legoland at Christmas time. We are afraid if the boys see signs featuring their favorite toy, we might get roped into going back. I promised myself I wouldn't let that happen a third time. We managed not to get sucked back in, the boys blissfully unaware that Legos were anywhere in the vicinity. A quick hike in Balboa Park (nope, not the one we biked to, another Balboa. The name was so great they had to use it twice.) and then off to a yummy Indian lunch. So much yummy food meant we all felt like we needed to walk around some more. We had planned to walk along a boardwalk, but didn't quite do that. The boys walked down to the beach and ran around playing chasing seagulls and waves, while Anne and I shivered and huddled catching up on a picnic table watching the sun setting over the Pacific. (I know all my Utah friends are just crying for me shivering in 50 degree weather.)
Getting to know Sean a little better and having a full day with my absolute favorite two people stuck (oh, how I wish I would be stuck here) in Southern California was an absolutely delightful way to spend our last day of 2010.
Friday, December 31, 2010
Here Comes the San Diego Sean
Posted by
Barbers4
at
10:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment