There comes a time in every one's life when it is appropriate to take over the wheel. That time should not be 12 years old. Bill and I let William have full control of our All-Wheel-Drive death capsule (aka: our vehicle) while shooting our family photo on the Salt Flats. We figured with nothing to hit and us next to him, nothing could go wrong. Nothing did, but a short lesson on jerking the wheel from side to side while turning, and gently pressing brakes instead of pushing hard in short bursts may have been in order.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Lookout!
Posted by
Barbers4
at
10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's funny! Where did you guys go on the salt falts for the photos? i'd like to see some fo the photos you took there, is the one with the umbrellas on the salt flats? Almost looks like a studio shot, but i couldn't zoom in or anything. i've always wanted to know a good palce out there to go and shoot.
We had family photos taken at Busath. I took one look at them and thought, you have to be kidding me. If I had studio lights available to me, I could have done a much better job than that! (And since I have no illusions of photography grandeur, that is saying something.)
After deciding there was no way I was paying an arm and a leg to send that crappy photo to every one we know and love, I decided to use an ideas I had: Salt Flats with colorful umbrellas adding the pop of color. The shots are secret until I mail our Christmas cards You got a sneak peak (the profile picture), since only a handful of people read this blog.. But the one going in the card is my favorite. The all will be public on Facebook after I send my cards.
You had been so excited about those Busath portraits! I'm sorry they were a disappointment. I can't wait to see your Christmas card!!!!
Thanks, Jen. It was a total bummer! I had been excited to get a "real" photo done, and it was a total let down!
Oh well, live and learn! Love.
Post a Comment