CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

34, 12, 5 (and counting)

34, 12, 5. Those are the statistics on William's Halloween costume. 34 is the number of years since the Atari was introduced to the world. 12 is the age of the boy who wanted to become one, and 5 (not including shopping time that included an hour at the nightmarishly slow cutting counter at the fabric store.) is the number of hours necessary to construct a faux Atari console, complete with 2 joystick armbands and T.V. headpiece. William has high hopes of winning the prize at school for "most creative" costume. I told him he could win for "most creative idea for a costume", but the prize for the actual costume comes to me! He thought that was funny. We'll see who is laughing when I run up on stage to claim my goodie. The mental picture of imagining his horrified face watching his mom squeal with joy as she runs through the crowd of jr. high school students to join him on stage just made the whole ordeal worth it.

Blog P.S.: He may not have won the costume contest, but he just ran into his favorite teacher (Judson-Music) and Judson told him he and William's other favorite teacher (Rose-Science) both voted for him. William was elated to hear he won the ol' fogy vote!

4 comments:

Lisa Romney said...

Ask him if I can borrw this Thursday night. WAY better than going 80's Dancing as a "Naughty Stewardess." :)

Barbers4 said...

No way! Do you know how many hours it took to knock this out? If I had to do repairs, I might hurt someone! After Halloween, it is all yours for your 80's dancing pleasure. P.S. I wanna go 80's dancing!

princess jen said...

AWESOME! You are the coolest mom ever Tara! Good job on this costume (and on Romney's too) I'm super impressed!!

Lisa Romney said...

Yes - we must go 80's dancing. Very fun. And you can wear the Atari Costume since you made it (and it looks hard to dance in). :)