CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Conclusion of Freedom

In a matter of a few short days, summer will be over. I am not sure where this particular summer went. Normally I have a binder of well planned learning activities as well as daily excursions planned. The binder didn't make it off the shelf this year until this week. I dusted off the cover and we hunted for ideas of how to spend our last few days before the routines of the school year kick in.
First, I found some gift certificates I had purchased to a family fun center in the dusty binder. I had placed them there for safe keeping at the end of last summer, having found a deal on them online. Now it is too late, and they must lie in wait for us until next June. I felt ok about that, since I really wasn't in the mood to visit that fun center anyway. No one wanted to drive up the canyon for a hike. The boys wanted an arcade, I thought a visit to the dentist sounded like more fun. Finally, we hit on an idea we all were excited to do.


Some times the answer is so simple-picnic in a park. I mean, do I really need a binder for that? We picked up some nibbles, a frisbee, a few bucks for the ancient rides and had ourselves a merry afternoon, free and easy.

0 comments: