
Ah, first days of school. Summer has officially FLOWN by, and it is time to get in the school-groove again. I am a Mommy who is actually sad to see them leave. Perhaps, it is because it is more work with them in school. I get busy co-oping and fulfilling our committee work and feel like there just isn't as much free time as there is in the summer. Plus, during the summer we play hard and now it is time again to work hard! Another reason summer is better is Bill also had a break and we were back up to 2 parents. Now I will be in charge of fun things like dinner-making and kid-bathing and bed-time tucking in and story-reading all by myself.
We all had a great last day of summer yesterday, which eased the reality of this morning. We were invited to go swimming and hang out with some good friends up at a Snowbird Condo. Spending an entire day around a pool, or on a nice little mini-hike, which included a Momma/Baby Moose sighting, is not a bad way to hang. After that we took the kids out to a "last day of summer" dinner and an Arcade. William had an exciting night. First he was allowed to play a Marvel video game and second he had the first place score the very first time he played the game. He subsequently took 2nd and 4th (not bad for only playing 3 times total). That was a highlight for him. He said he was going to "faint from glory!"
William was very excited about getting back to school, though. He has missed seeing all his buddies all-day, every day. Plus, he was super excited to wear his first day of school shirt that he had a lot of fun choosing online. It is a black and white graphic t-shirt featuring all of his favorite Marvel Comic Book Heros. (He is currently a self-proclaimed Marvel Maniac.) It is most helpful that he loves his amazing teacher and his friends and likes to learn. I am lucky that way.
Romney had his assessment this morning for Kindergarten. I had already spoken to his teacher before the last school year ended to see how she felt about taking him on. Today she said she was glad for the warning. He is definitely ready to go. He is feeling a little nervous, but was excited to meet a friend named Jonathan. Bill and I met him in the hall and he said he was wanting to make a friend. We said we knew a little boy in his class who was also wanting to make a new friend. When Romney came out from the assessment, Jonathan came over and said "Hi, I'm Jonathan what's your name? Will you be my friend." Very cute and very helpful to Romney who was feeling anxious about not having any of his good buddies in his class. Next week, Romney's Kindergarten journey begins. Wish all of us luck.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
4th Grader
Posted by
Barbers4
at
1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I want to see Romney's shirt too!! I'm glad that his assessment went well and I hope he has a great school year! Good luck to William too!
Sorry, Jen, you'll just have to wait until the first day of school (Sept. 2nd) just like Romney :)
Um... Romney's going to Kindergarten? What happened to College?
PS: my husband comes home in 2.5 hours! We didn't get to hang, but luckily my husband is a normal, well-balanced human and we can hang whenever both of us find the time. No crying from the man.
He is already talking about College. We were walking upstairs at the school from the assessment and Romney said he wished the O.C. would be college and then today he asked what grade college starts at. Financially we are not prepared to send him next year! :)
also---
Hooray for you choosing a man who can handle you having a girl's night out and hooray to him for being stable! Glad he is home safe now.
I know! We should have asked if you could come! I felt guilty the whole time. It was only because she is FREE and I happened to be because Edwards was in Beijing. You weren't in the same situation.
Post a Comment