CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Curious about Utah?


What do you get when two people marry who have moved a combined 40+ times in their lives? Restless souls. Bill and I have been in Salt Lake longer than any other place on the planet. Does that make us Utahns now? Ugh, I swore that is something I would never be. We have been talking about all the places we would love to live with the kids lately and it may be a sign that we are feeling that Wanderlust, and may be gearing up to change our "Utahns" status.

We are getting desperate for new things to see and do in this state and have even resorted to buying the book UTAH CURIOSITIES for ideas. Did you know that we live only a block away from a two headed lamb? Or that Salt Lake has a pyramid? Did you know that there is a naturally shaped mountain that looks like Joseph Smith's profile, as well as a sphinx with Joseph Smith's face? How about a UFO ranch, or a Cosmic Ray Research Center? Who knew that Utah has a desert hot spring full of tropical ocean fish and even sharks?

So I guess until I have eaten at the Hare Krishna temple during Llama fest, I suppose there are things I still have to do in Utah before MOVING on.

4 comments:

Alan J said...

First off, it's not Utahns, it's Utards. And i think that before you lose your non-Utard status, you have to have lived in Utah for more time than you haven't. So we should all still be safe, right? And i gotta tell ya, i'm always a little amused when people start getting "bored" with Utah. There is no doubt that in my mind, Utah has got to be one of the most exciting, perfectly located states. People some times think that if they've been somewhere once, then they've done it all, but i protest! And i'm not saying you have to stay in Utah, but that Utah is clse to everything. Have you been to the waterpark in Moab, have hiked to Landscape Arch or Delicate Arch, what about the Firey Furnace? Have you hiked around the Needles and Islands in the Sky Districts of Canyonlands. What about Dead Horse Point State Park? What about ancient Indian ruins and art that remain intact in Southeastern Utah? Grand Canyon, Page, AZ, Lake Powell, Bryce, Great Basin, Lake Tahoe, Kolob Canyon, Zion Canyon, slot canyons, Goblin Valley, Capitol Reef, Cedar Breaks... i can keep going if you want. Granted, these are all outdoor-related activities, but if you don't like the outdoors than i freely admit you're in the wrong place. But you guys liek the outdoors, right?

Alan J said...

Holy cow that was a long comment, sorry.

princess jen said...

I've eaten at the temple during Llama Fest!! It was really fun...

Barbers4 said...

I like the outdoors. I just like it better looking out at it from the window of a good hotel!