2 LITTLE MONKEYS CLIMBING ON A WALL. ONE HAD A ROPE AND WASN'T AFRAID TO FALL.
We finally made good on Romney's birthday present, a month pass to the local rock climbing gym. (Yes, his birthday was 3 months ago--what's your point?) With no school today, cold temperatures, and two very stir crazy boys, it seemed like the right time to bust out the gift certificate and have a climb. It is really set up to be a "bouldering" gym--meaning no ropes. But Romney is inclined to get what he wants (Usually, only because he isn't afraid to ask for it.) and he didn't want to boulder, he wanted to clip in. The man (I use that term very loosely-- he was all of 20 years old) at the desk explained how to boulder to both boys and started to walk away. Romney said, "Um, excuse me, but when I come here for my school, we use ropes. I like that better. The guy liked Romney's chutzpah and dug out a harness and a let down the ropes to let Romney clip in and showed Bill how to belay him. William decided he would prefer to boulder. Both are like little spider monkeys. William (our very cautious son) bouldered to the top of the wall over the window (well higher than the "allowed" bouldering height) more than once. Romney climbed tethered for a while before wanting to be set free. All in all, they hung in there (pun intended) for about 2 hours before succumbing to hunger and fatigue. Luckily for these two monkeys, whose parents are not as inclined to climb on stuff, they have relatives who are. They need pointers and practice. Any climbers out there, say those with WALL RATS experience have time to come to the gym and climb with our monkeys? Anyone, Anyone, Edwards, Louie, Anyone?
Romney insisted I film the process of him climbing, falls and all. So for your viewing pleasure, I present our youngest monkey in action:
Monday, February 21, 2011
Monkeys on President's Day
Posted by
Barbers4
at
10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Where are they? The Front? We're happy to have them climb here at our house. No funds to go to the Front. Edwards is gone this week. I'm out of town Wednesday night, but otherwise I'm around... Our wall is steep, but they know that. I need to get on it, so having them come over would encourage that a bit. :)
Post a Comment