CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Toys For Old People

We have a new addition to our little family. Please join me in welcoming the VITAMIX 5200. Astronomically priced (more than William cost us) and faster than most earthbound vehicles-- this little baby has brought us much joy already.

How, you may be asking, could a blender bring joy whenever it gets turned on? Let me explain. Everyday at approximately 4:00 3 hungry boys ask what they can have for a snack. "Something healthy", I reply. "Perhaps some fruit or grab some carrots". This is immediately met with "Nah, I'll just get a fruit leather/string cheese/cookie/candy of the day." (It rotates, sometimes all of those things.) Today, Romney asked if he could make a smoothie. Not any smoothie mind you, but one that contained real green stuff (Romain Lettuce, Parsley and Celery since you may be wondering), blueberries, a pear, an orange, a lemon and a lime-- and nothing else. It turned out purple and Romney named his creation (since he chose the ingredients) the "Purple People Eater Potion". He drank every drop and pronounced it delicious.

Then, our new baby wrought a miracle! It paved the way for the entire family to enjoy (notice I said "enjoy", though the kids might fall under the "tolerate" category--but I'll take that!) Raw Pasta. A dish made entirely of fresh vegetables and the only heat involved was from the added bit of jalepeno pepper I added. Yup, that is right. *My* kids ate a meal that not only had, but entirely consisted of, zucchinis, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and red peppers.

What will be next? Spinach for dessert? You betcha' (Take that, Palin)! Spinach and Strawberry smoothies.

Everyone get out your ice skates. Hell has officially frozen over! All thanks to my new favorite toy!

5 comments:

kevin and emily said...

You know I'm your biggest fan when it comes to all things related to raw food, dehydrators, and green smoothies in the vita-mix!!! And you've got to drop the "old person" thing. :) This is a sign of youth- to learn something new. I love it!

princess jen said...

Seriously love our Vitamix and will miss it dearly if Alan walks off with it :) The stuff that machine can do is awsome! Our kids love making ice cream for breakfast!!

Lisa Romney said...

I believe she calls this the "Cadillac of Blenders" in the extras of the documentary, "Crazy Sexy Cancer." I WANT ONE!

Barbers4 said...

Lisa, I find a little humor in the fact that I am learning how to "uncook" while you are learning to cook. What is wrong with the universe that finds two Romney women in the kitchen? (Which is soooooo not where we belong.)

Lisa Romney said...

Um... Romney's get bored. The kitchen is new. We like new. It will wear off. :)