Andy Warhol said every one gets them. William just did.
Always fascinated by the stories sent in by children to the church magazine, THE FRIEND, two years ago William sent in his own. We read the instructions and he wrote up his story. We addressed and mailed off his story, William full of hope that it would soon appear. I, on the other hand, read the fine print that advised that submissions, IF used, would take up to a year to appear in the magazine. Well, that year came and went and much to William's disappointment, no story, and he settled into an acceptance, there probably wouldn't be one.
Until...
This evening ,while looking through email, stumbled across one from a classmate congratulating William on being in the Friend.
He doesn't know yet. But will sit down to see it by his breakfast plate in the morning. I can't wait to see his face. Hope fulfilled and 15 minutes begun.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
15 minutes
Posted by
Barbers4
at
10:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! Can't wait to open up our Friend and check out his story!
I clicked on the photo. Pretty cute story. He should find out who the illustrator is so he can say, "Yes, well, me and my illustrator had a short story published this year. I'm thinking about discussing new concepts with him and working on a book for next year."
I'm super excited about our dance tickets!
Thank goodness you reminded me. I need to call and see if I can leave them at will call.
I am going tomorrow with the kids' school and will try and leave them then. If not are you going to be in town in the next couple of days?
I would have rather gone to the matinee, but I am so glad Anne is coming!
Hmmm... am i in town? not really... working in the office all day tomorrow and i have to go to vernal on Thursday. I forget what's happening on Friday... let me know if you can't leave them at will-call and I'll figure it out.
Post a Comment